Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Die to Grow

It’s 4 AM in the morning, and I haven’t gone to bed yet?? Man, what am I doing? Oh well, my as well just post up my second blog now, hehee..

Killer paper is just barely 5 hours away, and I have accomplished little. Immature as you can say, but I feel like I’ve known all and don’t have to study anymore, but infact I don’t know anything…..Procrastinate is one of the best things I can do besides eating, and sleeping. I guess that’s how I feel about myself now

I was reading the bible just now, and I came across this verse….

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” John 12:24

I always thought I am strong, I keep on holding on to problems, and holding on to life, doesn’t want any intruder to come and mess it up, but as I read this verse, my heart began to sink, and thoughts starts to make its way into my mind. Prior to reading this verse, I made a short prayer, asking the Almighty to show me the way, and to open up doors for my seeming less unending problems. I’ve learned to give up and just let nature do its work. Many a times I wonder, are there any solution out from all the problems that I am facing? Are there anyone who is facing the same thing as me? We are like seed kernels, things of this world may hit us real hard, and we won’t grow. People may start to hurl all kind of insults at us, or accused us of the doings that we have not done, and we get real upset for not getting the things we want, but then hey, we have to die in order to grow!! Just like a seed kernel, unless it is thrown down to the ground, and its surface cracks and open up, that’s where the new shoots will come out, and sooner or later, it will grow up to be a plant. Many times I blame myself for the things that are not working out fine for me, I keep on struggling and struggling, wondering where has gone wrong, but I forgot to give up. I should leave all the impossible things to the All-possible God to solve. Unless I give up on things that I cannot control, I won’t gain anything.

Thank You Jesus for your word that opens up the door of my heart. I want to give up on the things that I cannot control, and I know, that I will be lifted up again by your Spirit.

Song of the moment -> Hillsongs, Blessed