Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Sunday, August 22, 2004

ToDay In HiStOry

Yawn…..its already so late, and I am still awake, with full of thoughts floating in my head. Before I forget, I better write it down here…..

Had my first killer paper at 9 O Clock yesterday morning, and prior to that, I just had 3 hours sleep, from 12AM to about 3 AM, then started studying for the papers that could determine my grades for this semester. Studied bout 50% that night, and had a chat with my good friend in Yahoo Messenger regarding some issues, and it helped me a lot in knowing what I really want, and how should I tackle the problem. Thank you friend…J

Just as I was about to step in the exam hall at 9, I could noticed a lot of expressions on my friends face. From the over-confident to the “Sure I will Fail” looks, people just have feelings and emotions, and I really want to thank God for that. Without it, we could all be robot, with just buttons all around to be pressed, now, no one wanted to be that I hoped..:) Anyway, while I was doing the questions, things start getting abit whacky. I managed to finished 2 questions before the first 1 hour, and am looking forward to another 2 easy questions. But little do I know, my mind suddenly went BLANK. Yeap, the easiest question (that’s what my friend commented) , which is question 3, I don’t know how to do!! ARghhhhh, crap….and so I was sitting down in the hall, staring at the paper blankly, just as it was given over to me the first time, without any writings on it whatsoever. I couldn’t believe it that I don’t remember what I have studied L
Well, I just move on to the next question, after spending almost 40 minutes staring at the blank paper. Well, I could finished the first part of the next question, but then the second part, Oh O….couldn’t remember formula again, HELPPPPpppp…..was really desperate that time, as it was the last 15 minutes , and was silently muttering a prayer to God for help. 7 minutes left, and there I was like a boxer being beaten to the ground, raising up the white flag of defeat, when suddenly an idea came in to my head on how to tackle the problem, I was so happy for myself, and wrote down what I think was correct, and managed to finished it as soon as the invigilator said” You have 1 more minute…”. God is great, and never will I underestimate Him ever again…:D

Right after my exam, went over to the library to prepare for my next killer paper in the afternoon. Met a few CF friends there, and chatted awhile before getting to studies. I managed to squeeze in a couple more formulas in my head, even after the devastating performance for my just concluded paper. Didn’t really do that well for that, due to the fact I have had no sleep since the day before, and can’t concentrate because of some issues. I just had to leave it to God to comfort me, and to strengthen me.
I went out of the library, wanting to have lunch at around 1.15, and co-incidentally met my friends outside library, who is also having their lunch. We chatted about how to cheat in examination, and I got free bread to eat, hehehehe…..Thanks ya for the bread..:).

The paper that I had in the afternoon was not as bad as I thought. It came out exactly what I have studied, and I was so happy after that. So I went over to Low Yat Plaza right after my test to buy a network card, and an internal modem. Oh ya, I changed my motherboard and got a new graphics card on Monday, and it doesn’t come with an onboard LAN port, so have to manually install one.

Something happened when I was having my dinner at a hawker stall outside Low Yat. While i was halfway through my meal, suddenly the hawkers came running around, shouting in Cantonese ”Keep the Tables, keep the hairs, Quick, Quick, they are coming” . I was wondering, and surprised.” Who’s coming?” Why the hurry to close shop? I was asking myself as I couldn’t think of any reasons. Soon came 2 lorries laden with Enforcement officers from DBKL, and then only I realize, the hawker stalls there are illegal, and they even put chairs and tables on to the walkway, Boy, that was close call. I rushed through my dinner, which is Char Siew Fan, and quickly get out of there. Well people, being a Char Siew Fan seller is not easy also, you will have to put up with Enforcement officers going about raiding and confiscating properties.

Noticed a few “Extraordinary Beings” around KL area, and I guess that’s not uncommon anymore. And why would they want to change their gender? Can’t they be satisfied with the way God created them to be? Hmmm…..this is a tough question to answer. And also I saw fireworks display near the Maybank Tower, were the famous 868 busses are. At first I thought it was the sound of several shotguns firing, and as far as I know, they don’t have a police weapons training school nearby, so I went to the place where people gathered, and I saw beautiful fireworks lighting up the night sky. It was a rare sight to see fireworks this time of the year.

Reached home around 9.30PM, and here I am, telling all of you the history of the life of Jowen on Saturday. This day is filled with activities, from exams to low yat to being chased out from hawker stall….:P Got to get some long deserved rest now.

Good Night People…..