Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Monday, January 24, 2005

The end times -> Redemption

Been wanting to update my blog since last week, but circumstances just do not allowed it to happened .Assignments submission, 2 test approaching this Thurs and Fri, man, I need rest….and need time to update my blog :P


I’ve had a personal encounter with God lately. Wait wait…..are you gonna asked


“Wow…Did God appeared like a giant in front of you?


Hehe….this is reality, not fairy tales….God doesn’t appear to me just like that in physical form (although sometimes I wished he’d had). But through several close friend’s, I am beginning to trust in Him even more, and also through the Words of Truth from the bible, I am beginning to learned even more of what is installed for me, and not to worry so much again.


Went over to ACTS church on Sunday morning, not having any expectations. The trip there itself is a miracle. I was playing around with my computer on Saturday night, trying to do some research, not thinking about church the next day. Then out of the blues, a brother messaged me and asked.


Bro : “Hey dude, got transport to church?”
Me : “Ermmm….No”
Bro : Wanna come church? Wait @ 815 @ B3, ok?
Me : HALLELUJAH!!!!!


Yea, that was how I got a ride to church on Sunday, and never regretted a bit waking up early. The worship was awesome, with several new songs (to me) been sung, and a prayer session followed after. Deep in my heart, I was broken. Broken not because of circumstances, but broken for God. I felt there’s noting to hide from Him above. I felt sudden realization. It’s like one moment I was zapped into a different dimension altogether. God was speaking to me in my heart. As the worship went on, I could feel, and sense His presence. I began to know that despite all my struggles in life, I still can sing for God, just as Apostle Paul said when he was chained in prison


“Rejoice, I say to you again, Rejoice….”

I was moved and touched by the words of the song. Words that penetrated every corner of mine heart, I felt comfort, and as though being lifted up from the ground, floating gently amidst the sound of praises and worship. It was a joyous moment.


The message was good. Rev Dr T.T Quah came and spoke on the redemption and the end times. It opened up my eyes to see, that whatever is written in the bible, about 2K years ago, are beginning to happen now. Wars, famine, earthquakes, and even tsunami’s. Yes, even tsunamis were recorded inn the bible. And it really brought a new perspective upon my life. We will never be the same again. Not that we will be handicapped or what, but even the axis of the earth was tilted as a result of the magnitude 9 earthquake rocks the world, and of course, the world is spinning faster….. it shocked me to read from the bible, that all this things are there as an indication of the second coming of Jesus.


I’ve never took the end times seriously. All I thought of was, when the Lord comes, it is over. But now as I sit back and listen to the message, itt dawned upon me a new concept, a new perspective. All these things happened not because He hate us, or He dislike us. For these things happened so that we will be able to know the great and might of God, and to me, it is a big challenge. Never before I felt so much of fear in my heart, after seeing the devastation and the aftermath of the tsunami that hit South East Asia. Rev T.T is a missionary, who travels around the world, establishing churches, and recently, he was back from Sri Lanka, where more then 40K people have lost their life. He mentioned about the state those people were in, and apart from that, he spoke the message of redemption and a message of hope for all of us. By the way, the passage he spoke from is from Luke 21.


Things have changed for me these past few days. Even though i may have stumbled, and may have fallen down de to my ego and pride, I am still able to stand up, and look up to The One who had heard m prayer. For it is the time of testing that I learned the most. I really thank God for His word so real, a friend once wish me


Let today be better then your every tomorrows.

I learned to be grateful, and thankful for the life that I had, and also want to give glory to God, who had sustained me through out the 20 years of my life, though I just came to know Him a few years back, but God is always faithful and true, and will never let me down. I have also learned that the process of making is a painful process to go through, and that’s what I see happening in my life now……. Thank you Lord


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want
He makes me lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside quiet waters
He restores my soul
He guides me in paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake

Even though I walked
Through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil
For You are with me
Your rod and your staffs
They comfort me

You prepare a table before me
In the presence of my enemies
You anoint my head with oil,
My cup overflows

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of the lord forever