Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Thoughts, my Ramblings...

Ahhh, with the MDC USP training entering its 6th day, I couldn’t help wondering to myself, what have I learnt? J2EE is supposed to be a professional certification course, and here am I, knowing nuts about the course, and all we were told to do is a mini project demonstrating the use of servlet, JSP, and those in the same category. In 2 weeks, are we supposed to know everything about the course? I mean, true enough, some may say that they are quite comfortable with the course structure, but I think otherwise. The timeframe is too short, and to cram up everything about the knowledge of servers and application which is totally new in two weeks, man…..I am not a robot, nor am I a super genius.

Some of you may say after reading this “If you find it hard, why do you take this course? ” Well, this happened out of miscommunication between 2 parties, which I am not going into details, but all in all, this is a new course, and I am determine to get the best out of it. Though I didn’t pay a single cent to enter this course, nor do I have to pay for the books, but hey, free courses like this don’t come every time, and somehow, I just feel that I just have to learn whatever that is being taught, and to practice upon it.

On a lighter note, my industrial training is near, in 7 days time. I am anxious and nervous about it even now. What am I going to say? What am I to expect? What my job requires me to do?.....all this and many more questions are popping in and out of my mind now. This is the first time I am going out to the working world, (my work after Form 5 doesn’t count), and I just got to pray and hope for the best. I’ve heard many friends, and even relatives saying to me, that what I am going to experience in the working world is totally different that where I am now. Though it is just going to be 4 months, but I am saying it as if I am going to work forever. *snap* Oh, I still have my final year project, and 5-6 more subjects to accomplish before I graduate and begin my ACTUAL working life.

For all this years I’ve learnt
The ways of life from You
How I seek and yearn
To live life more with You

Thank you Lord for this life
And for my family and friends as well
Thank you Lord for making me wise
To know the ways of truth and joy