Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Monday, March 21, 2005

SEED

Seeing Everyday Experiences Differently. That’s the name of my Cell Group for the past one year. Before I go further I would like to explain the formation of SEED CG since the beginning, when Cell Groups were formed in CF.

It started of as Protoplasma CG, as the name suggested, we are the main built-up of any living organism…Fuiyoh….. Janenete was the Cell Leader 3 years back. CG was fun, and had around 30++ members when the semester ends. The leaders felt that it would be nice to split the big group of Protoplasma-ians into 2 smaller groups, and so it happened. Protoplasma CG splitted into 2 smaller CG’s each given the name of DUH (Devoted, United, Happening) CG and OHANA (family) CG. I was with Ohana CG for a year, beginning of my Beta year till end of Beta, with Wee Liem as the leader. Things were moving, with Janenete remaining in Ohana till she graduated last year. The other CG, DUH, was led by Desmond Yong, and they were happening as well, as the middle initial of their CG name implied.

Throughout the days in Ohana, I learnt a lot. My CG leaders taught me a lot of stuffs, which I am applying it even now. Principles after principles of life were taught to us Ohana-ians, and also we had our fair share of outings and activities. The most significant activity which I still remembered doing with CG was our participation in the CG games. It is a treasure hunt based in campus, and also a game of choices. We as CG’s have to elect a leader, and split our team into 2 factions. It was the time where I experienced true family bonding between each member, while we were searching for answers, and while we were running together, everything we do was together, and that was when I start to appreciate the things, and the people around me. I was so blessed being in that CG, and I made a commitment to served in whatever way I can for CG in the days to come.

By the end of the semester, Ohana CG and DUH CG grew to about 16-18 members each, and it is too big for the current CG to accommodate. Yea, u guessed it right. We splitted again, now from DUH out came 2 babies, CHUP CG and BLUR CG, led by Carol and Ting Ting respectively, and from Ohana another 2 babies, SEED CG and THIRST CG, led by me and Kevin respectively. This is the chronology of the birth of one CG to another, all from the same parent.

Through out my year as a CG leader, I’ve experienced a lot of things. I’ve learnt how to work together with people. I’ve learnt how to manage people, as well as to manage a group. It had been a wonderful year for me, and there are numerous memories for me to cherish, as well as to share it out with people.

One of the most important thing I learned as a leader, is the virtue of humbleness. Many a times I have been stretched to the point where I have to show that I can, and without anybody helping, I can. I began to have pride in myself up to a certain point, where I had to be humbled by my CG members. I thought I could do it my way, but it didn’t work out the way I expect it to be. Throughout these years, I have been told to be humble and to keep myself low, and pride-less, and I truly learned it in CG. Seed-lings( as we used to called ourselves ) are the major driving force behind my days as a leader. They are the ones who come to CG without failed each week; they are the ones who had participated in all the partying session as well as the activities session; they are the ones who gave constructive ideas as well as opinions on how the CG will be throughout the years, and even as we graduate, the legacy of the CG will be brought up high…

As the semester comes to an end, it’s time for me to make way for a new and energetic leader to take over. Every “Goodbyes” are hard to accept, and it’s even harder to say it out. I , for one am fortunate and deep in my heart, I thank God for the coming leader, who is vibrant and full of passion for The Lord. He had been faithfully coming for CG since it’s formation 3 years back, and also had shown great leadership capabilities. He had been a wonderful inspiration to me too, from the start of my entry into OHANA, right up till the finishing of my term in SEED. Behold I present to you, Eric Poh as the new CG leader…*applause*applause*

I am here to say my last words to all Seed-lings before I leave for industrial training next semester, and my last words as CG leader. In no particular orders:

Kenneth Tan, The ‘power’ debater and my faithful assistant. Thank you for all the late nights together discussing about CG related activities, and also the constant pushing by me to look for people for CG. You had shown great commitment and it had been a great, wonderful, nice superb experience working with you, and hope that you will continue to shine for Him above, as well as to excel in whatever you do. Thank You

Daniel Wong aka DawgHause. It’s been great having in the same team as I am, serving the same Lord together. You have shown passion in serving for CG, and you being the game master for CG really rocks. Keep up the good work there, brother, and may The Lord be with you whatever you do, and where ever you go. Thank You

Eric Poh, Thank you for your aim and your enthusiasm in serving in CG. It had been great having you leading in worship, leading in games, and leading in bible study. A great man of God you will be, and never let the fire die down in you. I was blessed being in the same CG as you for 2 years already. Keeps the spirit burning for God ya!! Thank You.

Mian Chin. One word I can use to describe her. Awesome…it had been a wonderful journey being with you in CG together with your inputs and ideas regarding the CG. You have shown great commitment in helping out the CG in whatever way you can. You have never missed CG at all, except that you have test or quizzes on that day. Mian Chin, though you are leaving us and venturing into the working world, may my prayers go with you, and may you be successful in what ever you do, and don’t forget us ya =P Thank You.

Vincent aka Victor. The one and only who resembles the popular duo, Michael &Victor. You had shown effort in attending CG, and also helping out in the ice breaking session. Vince, thank you for your support throughout these years for me, and though we are not that close, but then I treat you as a brother to me, and also thanks for supporting me throughout my journey. Thank You

Wee Liem. You are the man. My former CG leader who had helped me throughout my journey in CG. Thanks man for everything, and also thanks for your advice which I am still holding on now. You had been an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work that you are doing for God ya, and All the Best in your future undertakings God Bless. Thank You

Charis. Though you are one of the CF committee, but when it comes to CG, you gave your best. Thank you for your advice and your words of encouragement to me. It really built me up as well as encouraged me. Through the times I was down because of pressure from CG and work outside, you were at hand to offer words of encouragement to me. Thank You very much, I appreciate every single bit of help offered. Thank You

Grace. It had been a while since we chatted, but you too had been a great blessing in CG. Though you may be busy with your work, sometimes you still make it a point to attend. All the best in our life and your future undertakings. Grace, God bless you. Take care. Thank You.

Rebecca. Though you may have left us to continue study in Malacca, memories of you being in SEED still remained in my heart. From the times we’ve been working together for CGvCG till the day we ate together at Talipon, you have been a great and wonderful blessing to me as well as to the entire CG. I’ve never met a person like you for a long time, and definitely you deserved to be acknowledged as one of the SEED members. All the best in life, and may the gracious Lord be with you where ever you go. Take care and Thank You.

Janet, Jay Shen, Chang Shern, and Nicholas Thank you for being a part of CG.

Thank You Seedlings….It’s been AWeSOme working with you guys and gals.