Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Waiting....It will commence shortly.....

Looks like there hadn’t been any updates here for the past 5 days or so. Well basically because I am at home now, and without a 24/7 internet connection, I wouldn’t be able to connect here regularly to make my regular updates. Nonetheless, here I am , wanting to share of my journey and my experiences for the past weekend.


With just exactly 12 hours to go (from the time of posting) before I actually start my long awaited Internship in Pilot Multimedia (M) SDN BHD, I am currently anxiously waiting for it to begin. Not that I’ve not worked before, but this time, it will be different. Instead of taking after the cashier counter, I would most probably be in front of a computer, keying in data. Instead of standing around waiting for customer to buy stuffs, I would most probably be sited in an air-conditioned building. Instead of meeting customers face to face, I most probably be handling office work. Above are just some of the usual office routines that most office workers will concur. I don’t know what I will be assigned to; neither do I know my job scope. But as every working people will tell me, “Be enthusiastic, put on a smile, and try your best”. I would agree 100% on that. Being in a family where both my parents are working, I learnt a lot from them. Like what Mr Leng, my J2EE course trainer said, “Knowledge is transferable, but skills are not”, really hold true. I’ve heard many advices from literally everywhere, from my parents’ right up to my friends. I can listen to everybody, but until I really try doing it myself, I would never get hold of it.


I rarely type something as deep as this, but I’m nervous and at the same time, excited for this will be my first step venturing into what may seem to be “the stepping stone” to gauge my competency and also my knowledge on what I’ve been learning thus far. This internship program also will be an eye opener for me to see first hand, the progress and the competency of fellow workers in their respective fields, in my case, the Information Technology (IT) era.


Hmmm, I can’t wait, I can’t wait.
I can’t wait, for it to begin
Though it may seem simple and easy
But then hey, I’m just a trainee J