Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Gift

I had a wonderful time being in the midst of my family. It’s been two weeks since I last went back home, and I am so glad to be back again. The scrumptious cooking of mum‘s kitchen, the chattering of my sister, the presence of everyone in the family drowns me at home.


5 days had passed since I turned 21, and that’s something which I loved the most. Belated birthday celebration. Though it may not be as significant as the actual date celebration, but nevertheless it did bring wonderful memories for me to cherish forever.


On Saturday, me and my family went out for dinner in Subang Parade, and upon reaching the place, my dad took my hand, and led me to the top floor to a shop name “Yamaha Music Center” I was asking myself…why am I brought to his place? Father has a new hobby? Then my dad told me


“Happy belated Birthday Jowen. Choose whatever guitar u want, but let the budget be less then $$$”


I was like….*speechless*….my dad buying me a guitar? OH Heavens…..I have never felt so happy before, and immediately I went in the shop for some hunting. I tried on virtually every guitar on display, and some of those are 10 times more then my budget limit. WOW….Awesome. Never have I felt so nice hunting for stuffs before. I spent 2=30 minutes doing sound checks and quality check in the shop, while my brother complains of hunger. Hehahaha…I was king that day, so he has to wait, Muahhahaha….


After frolicking through and emitting praises for the guitars, I settled with the Yamaha F-380. It’s a cool guitar, with golden pegs, white outline, solid wood, (I think it’s made up from “Nyatuh” if I am not mistaken). My hands were trembling when my dad asked me to play a song. I wasn’t shivering cause of fear, but I am so happy and joyful that I couldn’t control myself. I played, and my dad was satisfied that I do know how to play the guitar….DUH….. hehehe ( before this, I had not played a single tune for them to hear)


My steps seemed lighter as I walked out the shop, with a black casing proudly strapped upon my back. My bros were complaining the more about their stomach, as I slowly walked along, wanting everybody to see my “baby”. (Nah that was exaggerated J ) We went over to The Chicken Rice shop, to have a rooster meal. The dinner was good, with the family being able to talk and mingle around more,


I had a good time spent with my family and it taught me a lot of things. Stuffs which I took for granted, I am beginning to see the effects of it. Things that I couldn’t see happening, began to happen right in front of me. I am beginning to grow closer to my family, and it’s a surprise to me as well. I’m beginning to take things more seriously…and I am thankful that I am 21 J

Hosted by Photobucket.com
Me and "F-380"