Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Friday, August 27, 2004

Why?

How I wish I could be
A big big fish under the sea
Where worries don’t exist
and temptation that can be resist

How I wish life is good
Where war and famine just “poof”
Without the lust and hatred that could
bring destruction and misery to a boast

Man, life’s now is just so hard
Where all good things have come to past
Where feelings and emotions controlled my parts
and I cry out for just
a path that would lead me to happiness and not to be bust

Great are you O God
Who have brought me out from bottom to top
That I may see the greatness of my life
Not clouded or blurred by my own thoughts

Never have I felt
What I am feeling now
Anger, bitterness, hatred
Why
I can’t comprehend, I can’t understand
The world is still rotating
The birds are still flying
The sun is still rising and setting at its own time
But me
I am still here, so broken, so blinded, and so much in pain
For the things that I’ve not done
For the path that I’ve not taken

“ For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you a hope and a future ” Jeremiah 29:11