Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Friday, October 22, 2004

A day of life

Tired, exhausted, depressed are just some of the feelings I am having now, today. Things had been happening at a very fast pace, til;l I do not have time to comprehend the challenges head. Meetings after meetings, assignments to do, with so much to do, and so little accomplishment, I am beginning to loose focus on life. I had not been thinking rationally these days, and always feeling down recently.

Well, but today is a fruitful day for me. I woke up at 9AM, with the purpose of studying, and well, I did managed to read the first few slides, and I am off to a gaming session, hosted by my housemates on LAN. Hehehe, pretty cool huh the way I started my day, well anyway, had Cyber Christmas prayer meeting supposedly at 11.30AM, but due to some foreseen circumstances, it only started half and hour later. Hmmm, speaking about Malaysian timing over here……….

Then later, I had lunch with one of my friend in the cafeteria, and we talked and talked about stuffs , and at the end of the lunch meet, we got to know each other better. I thank God for this particular friendship, and am really blessed with this friend. We chatted about ways of life, and somehow, this stirs up my interest to study deeper into psychology. Based on my friends observation in life, it seemed that everyone of us are living in a mind-hole system, whereby we are locked up in our own thinking, and this somewhat produces a gap between our thinking and the way other people of the world thinks. I thought of the term ‘close-world-assumption’, and we can all relate to that. We only think in one perspective, and didn’t think of others. It somehow made me pondered upon my lifestyle as well. Many a times, I just assumed things and didn’t bother to find out the actual truth, and I always based my assumption upon the past. I felt that if the person is naughty last time, he will always be that way, even though he/she might have changed. After listening to what my friend said, I began to change the way I used to think already. I shouldn’t just think one sided, and I should think out of the box. Great talk we had, and we mentioned also about the mindset of the people here in this country compared to those who are from overseas. We are somewhat conservative in our thinking, and may be because we are brought up differently, and never think the way the westerners think. We brought up many interesting topics about life, and we had a 2 hours lunch just eating and chit-chatting.

I reached back home around 3.45PM, and started to work on my assignment. Man, I can’t seemed to get things done at the right time and place, I did it halfway, and snoozed off after that. Woke up again 2 hours later to continue doing assignment, and went out for dinner with my parents. What a wonderful reunion…J

Many things had happened today, and I would like to pay tribute to the friend who accompany me for lunch ( if you are reading this, Thank You ), and for all the lively talk and wonderful words of wisdom. Just like to penned down a poem before I leave, and to You my friend, thank You again

Though I know you not long ago
But you have made me wiser and bold
In terms of thinking plus reasoning as a whole
Thank you friend, for making me so….

God bless you, dear readers of my blog, and may life be beautiful as ever…:D