Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Monday, September 20, 2004

Multimedia University - Reflection 3.2

Continuation....Beta -> Gamma

Time flies. Another year had gone by, and its time for me to continue pursuing my degree. Having an attachment with Malacca, I was reluctant to shift to Cyberjaya to continue my Beta level, but somehow, God knows the way, and I shifted to Cyberjaya, leaving behind som sweet and bitter memories, and all the fun and friends. It was an emotional moment for a couple of us, as we bade everyone farewell a day after our final exam. We shed tears, some hugged each other, and indeed, to leave behind some things are just so hard.

Anyway, I made my way to Cyberjaya on the very first day of “school”. Having been labeled as Senior, and no more as newbie’s, there wasn’t any orientation program made available for us. We are expected to find on our own where are the lecture halls, lecturers’ offices, and all the other facilities. I should say that the campus is very big, and somehow, the first impression I got after one year of not visiting MMU Cyberjaya, is the phrase “ Man, I like this place”. Talking about double minded, but this campus is nice. With super “canggih” computers, easy access to food courts, although there are only 3 on-campus, big and comfortable lecture halls/room, this is something like what I labeled as “schooling paradise”. It has all the facilities one would always asked for in a university, be it tennis court, badminton court, football field, this place has everything (well, not really). As first year students ( in Cyberjaya ), I had the privilege to stay in the hostel , and it is really convenient for mw. Though I stayed only about half and hour from campus, my parents doesn’t want me to drive to and from home, and thus asked me to stayed on-campus. Besides, everything is provided for, electricity, water, 24/7 internet access, and of courses, easy access to all facilities on campus. I had a wonderful stay on-campus during my Beta level, and missed all the fun and experience having to share a common bathroom with >30+ males, having to put up with unsightly room condition, having to shout form one block to the other block to get ready for gaming session. The best experience I have during my hostel days is staying up till six in the morning just to play game. We started gaming around 10 in the night, and the session lasted till the next morning, and I have 8 o clock morning class at that time. Hahhahahha………that was one of the most favorable experience I had. Many more to talked about, but due to space constraint, mail me if you want to know more…J

Some of the moments of glory for my entire Beta year, as people of old have said ”Challenges are to make one stronger”. Well, I couldn’t have agreed better. I have more experience then what I had back in Malacca, and these challenges, or rather experience is what you get when you grow up. As a pre-adult, some things which are in-evitable happens, and its up to your conscious mind to take over. I started to attend Christian Fellowship in campus, and that’s what I like most. Unlike in Malacca, where I knew of the existence of CF, but didn’t attend, I made it a point to attend here, as it challenges my faith each time. I got involved in IT society, and also Tae-kwon-do. One thing I marveled at when I came to MMU Cyberjaya, is the variety of clubs and societies to choose from, and of course, the facilities here and the environment here, in my opinion, is more conducive and suitable for sporting and studying.

The days I had during my Beta, well, to sum it all up, is a year filled with the un-expected, and also full of fun. A lot of things happened when I did not want it to happen, and sometimes, it gets me on my nerves. I had friends who will stand by my side, and more importantly, I came to know God more, and thus having the strength to move on. I also learned not to be proud of whatever achievements that I might have, for there are hundreds who are better then I am. I have learned that many a times, we take things for granted, and it can destroy us if we do not realize what we have done. Beta year is one of the most challenging year, and the experiences I have gained throughout the year, made me wiser and more matured. I had known a lot of things, and I have had my fair share of sweet bitter memories to ponder.

After my Beta year, came the “Majoring” year, Gamma. It is the time where I get to study in-depth for my major. Things are a little more hectic, challenges are even tougher to break, and deadlines are hard to meet, subjects are getting tougher and tougher, and life is asking for more of me. One thing I realized, as we grow older, expectations for us are higher, and it’s even harder to fulfill those prospects. Now is my second sememster in Gamma, and I’ve learned pretty much, compare to last year. Perhaps the most significant event that occurred during my Gamma year is when I get to act in one of the classes I took. I’ll save the story for later, and also I’ve been involved in a lot of activities, and truly, it had made me a stronger and better person. A few more months to go before I actually step into adulthood, but I am well un-prepared for it. Hmmmm, gonna spend more time doing good and to learn more.

Finally, I have got to the end of my reflection series for the past semester. I have had many more stories to tell, not just 3, and I’ll try to find time to post it up here. Until then, Cheer up for those who are feeling un-well, for laughter is the best medicine. Take care…..

JOKES

SUBSTITUTE TEACHER: Are you chewing gum?
BILLY : No, I'm Billy Anderson.

TEACHER: Didn't you promise to behave?
STUDENT: Yes, Sir.
TEACHER: And didn't I promise to punish you if you didn't?
STUDENT: Yes, Sir, but since I broke my promise, I don't expect you to keep yours.

TEACHER: Ellen, give me a sentence starting with "I".
ELLEN : I is...
TEACHER: No, Ellen. Always say, "I am."
ELLEN : All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."

CHEERS…..!!!!!!!!!!!!