Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Howdy?

Haven’t been updating my blog for a while now, I guess I still have to get used to Cyber lifestyle. – morning 8 o clock till 6PM class classes, meeting and appointment, mien, its taking most of my time away, anyway, I’ll make it a point to update you guys

4 days had passed since the semester started, and I had a wonderful time fellowshipping with my friends again. Really glad to see all of them again, and this semester, I am taking 3 subjects, which can be tedious, cause it’s all theoretical subjects, with minimum calculations required. My timetable is arranged in such a way that I only have 4 days of classes each week, and minimum with four hours each day.

Monday this week was like every other Monday, where you just dreads to go to class, especially in the morning. It’s also the first day of the semester, where I had different feel when I saw the changes that happened in campus. Firstly it was the lecture rooms, then the PC’s, then the projector, and lastly, the food courts in hostel. Changes happened to benefit all of us, and really hope that it will bring more good then harm to the students.

Tuesday went by without much complains, except that I’d installed a new game to play throughout this semester. My housemate suggested having a LAN game competition, and the game is called Diablo 2 – Lord of Destruction. This is my first time playing RPG- hack and slash – kind of games, where one needs to complete certain quests before proceeding on with the game. It’s more of a story based game, where in Diablo2, the story is that the player is a good warrior, wanting to descend into hell to defeat the devil, something like that lah, I am not to sure about it myself. Then there was also CF in the night, where the “missionaries” from the recently concluded mission trip to Mentakab, Pahang, came up and gave us the report on their stay and experience with the aborigines tribe from Pahang. It thrills me to hear that they stayed in longhouses, and had tones and tones of fun there. It saddens my heart to hear that there are still these small groups of people in Malaysia, who are still living under the poverty line. It seemed that there’s nothing the government is doing to compensate their losses, where their long houses are being constantly under threat of getting torn down and they had been evicted several times by the authorities, all in the name of the development of Pahang. Well, I got to know their sufferings, and the mission team from CF really brought cheers and encouragement to them. Many a times we take things for granted, for instance, our money and our life here. Boss (Daniel) mentioned something that I really pondered upon, which is “ if you think you are poor, think again. RM 2000 may not be enough for us here in KL, but for the aborigines, it may mean a fortune”. Sometimes we do take things for granted, without thinking further. We based our thoughts on the things that happened to us, but never even thought of the rest of the population who suffered even greater. The mission report was really a call of alertness to all of us, as we are going all out to fulfill the Great Commission of Christ. Next we had a testimony session, with friends who just finished their Internship coming out and telling us about their experiences during their work time. it had equipped me with a certain knowledge as I’ll be going on industrial-training next April. Apparently a guy said he don’t like working, and I was like “What? Don’t like working? Hmm, I am dying to go out and work”. Hehehe, went home around 11PM, and had a short game of Diablo before “kong-ing” out on the bed.

Wednesday was a fun day, as I helped out a friend in revising for her supplementary papers. It’s a subject which I took during my Beta first semester, and I find it easy to teach. She had been sick and unable to attend her finals, and thus having to go for supplementary exam. Had SEED CG outing in the night, and as this is the first gathering of the semester, we went out to enjoy and at the same time to fellowship with one another. We reached The Mines at around 7.40 in the evening, due to some complications with the security in MMU. Anyway, upon reaching the place, we headed to Dave-Deli’s and ate our hearts out. Some had chicken, some had lagsania, some had spaghetti, and it was superb. This is a first time experience for many, and we had fellowship and bonding during our dinner. It was a complete different atmosphere, where people just talk and chat without fear of being shot at, and criticized That’s what a CG is all about, fellowship and a place to encourage one another.

After dinner, we dropped by the bowling centre to try our hands on bowling, but unfortunately, it was booked by some kind of association for training, and there goes the plan for 4 of us enthusiastic bowlers. We opted for a game of pool afterwards, and 2 tables were at our disposal. “Diam Diam Ubi Berisi”. This Malay proverb really describe some of the members, (especially girls) when they hold the cue and shot in the balls. Man, they were like professionals and of course, we have a few pool instructors on hand to teach those who don’t know how to play, and special thanks go out to Vincent and Kenneth (unexpected huh?) All of us had great fun, as we took on each other in the game, with me teaming up with several people in several games. It was real humorous when the white ball rolls into the hole instead of the target ball, and Jay Shen started to say” You’ve learned …” soon after everybody “learned” to hit the white ball in , much to the amusement of the rest of us professionals ( hahahhahaah ). Had some photos taken, and in the end, around 11.05, we called it a day and headed back to Cyberjaya.

Today (Thursday) went on well, with me playing even more rounds of Diablo, and had class at 2. the moment I came back from class, it started raining cats and dogs, and I m thankful that I m not caught in the rain.

Things are getting better then before, and I am really happy. Thank you friend, for encouraging me to face this trials.