Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Prayer Walk

“And he ordered the people, Advance, March around the city, with the armed guards going ahead the ark of the Lord”. Joshua 6:7

That’s what the CF did yesterday. Instead of the usual bible session and discussion, we had a prayer walk, which its name implied, pray as you walk around the campus. This is done for the second time (as far as I am here), and it was indeed a enjoyable moment for al of us who attended. This was done unlike previous years, where each CG is supposed to go to various destination around campus to pray, but instead this time around, 2 CGs’ are being sent out to pray for a particular spot, and we are expected to pray for anything at all that comes to mind, be it the lecturers, building, or the facilities. My CG combined with THIRST CG to make up our former OHANA, and being sent out together with F.O.C CG, led by Jia Wern. Our place to pray for is around FCM building, FOE/FIT , and also STAD building. Both CGs’ didn’t go together, instead, we set of first and I being teamed up with Kevin, headed off to FCM building, and started to pray in a top-down fashion.

As I walked along the corridors of FCM building, I managed to looked at the rooms, and also the facilities in the building, and I started to pray as I walked. it was a wonderful sight to see, as I had not been to the top floor of FCM , let alone it is during the night some more. And as I walked, I sense a presence of joy, as I prayed, and met up with my praying partner, and we headed one floor down and continued our journey. Soon not long ago, I passed by Professor Dr Chacko’s office, and noticed he’s in the room. Immediately I stopped at the doorstep, and prayed for him. I thank God for Prof Chacko as he had let us use his apartment for CG meetings for 2 years already, and it had been a great blessing for OHANA CG, and now SEED CG. I really thank God he had been gracious to us, and had been faithful. We walked around FCM building for about 30 minutes, and FCM café being our last prayer venue. I thank God for the food, and also the staffs there. I noticed one of my good friend is having meeting there, and indeed, it is a blessing in disguise, as I got to meet this friend, whom I have just knew recently, by picking FCM building as our place of prayer, hehehe..Thank God for that…: D

We headed back to CF room, and prayed together as a CG. It was a heartwarming occasion, as OHANA got to sit together again, to pray in unison for each and everyone, plus the meetings and gathering that we are going to have. Its great to see all of our former members praying together, and its something like a re-union gathering. We chatted, and had fun talking with each other after the prayer, then came the interesting part of it. Each CG is supposed to send its leader to share bout the prayer that was done in each locations, and the observation of the members on the place, and people. Many things were prayed for, including the sprinkler system, the lifts, the tiles and ceiling, the lecturers, the trees, the food, and basically everything in campus. Some went on to say that they want God to move between each corridor, and to touch every people on campus.. Then Desmond mentioned for us to pray for Cyber Christmas, and to thank God for doing everything to make sure the planning stage runs smoothly. Before this some committee came up and share about the problems faced, and a brother came up and share about his FMD trip, about how FMD people had approve the papers one day before our ‘adopt –a-gift’ booth, that is the approval of the tables, and chairs. We prayed, and then the meeting was adjourned at 10.30PM.

Truly God had been moving in campus, and we should now be more responsive to His calling for us to go out to the harvest field, and sow seeds of righteousness. This is indeed a much anticipated event, as it had been very meaningful throughout. Some of us stayed back for supper after CF, while some of us went back straight to our respective homes to study as some are having exams.( that’s me J)

Having exams tonight (Wednesday night) so better get back to studies…..catch ya people later. God Bless…J