Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Gratitude and Thanksgiving

It had been a week I last updated my blog, thanks to assignments and tests. I just want to thank all those who had given their comments on my previous post, Time, and I hope it will make a difference in you life. As much as I like typing it out, I do hope you will enjoy reading it as well. These post that I have made, some are funny, some are serious; some are happy, some are sad I just want to share my feelings and thinking, my views and my goals to all of you all, and hope that you will grasp the meaning behind all this posts.


I really appreciate you who are reading this, and you who stumbled upon this blog by accident, and you who are my friend. I really do want to say a big Thank You to you.


I’ve been going through a lot lately. Stuffs that I have never experienced before, nor have I done before, is beginning to make its way into my life. Studies which are waiting to choke me with its assignments load, examination stress and also deadlines pressure, are set in place now. Feelings of guilt and sadness overwhelm me. Problems with peers and also relationship with people are beginning to take a nose dive. I wondered and thought whether when will all these things be over, everything is gone, everything is done for, everything is wiped out, I wondered….

" Cast your cares upon the lord, and He will sustains you "


"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not be in want"
.
.
.
Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil
For you are with me "


BAMMMM……. I was hit hard spiritually and mentally. I am being humbled, I am being crushed and re-molded, I am being ignorant to Him….How can I? How come?.


I was being too immersed in my own problems and my own world of thoughts that I have forgotten Him, The One who died for me, The One who gave me life again, The One who promises great joy and comfort, and The One whom I can call Lord and Savior….How could I ever forget Him?

"Where can I go from you Spirit
Where can I flee from your presence
.
.
.
My frame was not hidden from you,
When I was made in the secret place"

Through out this past week, I’ve been spending a lot of time reading The Bible. I always thought that the Bible is just anther ordinary book, which is read for knowledge and wisdom, but today I learnt that The Bible is more then a book, that one just read it and forget the contents. It is The Living Word, where the meaning of one verse could be applied to thousands of circumstances that one is facing. Every time I goes into problem, my friend will always cite the same verse to encouraged and to bless me, and you may say that it is boring sometimes listening to the same verse gain and again, but you are absolutely wrong if you think that way. The same verse had spoken to me, or had been my support for numerous occasion, where I really needed help and strength. Most of the time, if not all the time, it brings on a new meaning each and every time the verse is quoted. I’m beginning to understand the power of The Living Word, and also to grasp the reason, and the purpose I am here living for. It is not for me, it is not for my dear friends out there, but it is for Him, Jesus that I am Living for.


We change the things we want it to according to our liking, and there are certain things that cannot be changed, no matter how hard u try, and one of it is time. I’ve learned a lot through hard times, and it is then I am re-shaped and re-transform into a better person, living each day as righteous as possible, with Him by my side. It is a time where I exercise my faith, and to hold on to the great promises and blessings of God, and it is also a time when I am being strengthened by God. For when I am weak, He is strong!!

Below are some words of encouragement to you who need it, and it helped me a great deal to be able to appreciate and to say thank you for the things I have. It talks about looking to the positive side of things, when everything else is negative and against you. It also thought of being grateful and to appreciate what we have, hence the title of this post.

I am thankful for the assignments I have, and the exams that I have to go
because it means that I am still studying


I am thankful for the mess to clean after a party
because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.


I am thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug
because it means I have enough to eat.


I am thankful for my shadow that watches me when I walked to university
because it means I am out in the sunshine.


I am thankful for a floor that needs mopping, and windows that need cleaning
because it means I have a home (Cyberia B3-2-1).


I am thankful for all the complains I heard about the university
because it means that we have freedom of speech.


I am thankful for the pile of laundry and ironing
because it means I have clothes to wear.


I am thankful for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means I have been capable of working hard.


I am thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
because it means that I am still alive.

I am thankful for you who are reading this
because it means that i have friends.


I am thankful for receiving personal and meaningful comments on my blog because it means I have friends who are thinking of and caring for me.

* A special tribute to you who had helped me throughout this trial . You know who you are. Names are ommited for privacy reasons. I couldn't have gone through it without the 4 of you. Thanks SO much *

Thank You friends...