Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Reason....

Everything that happens
Happened for a reason
Sometimes it is hard to discern
Still it’s meant to be pleasant

The earth trembles, the sea roars
Why? It seemed scary to the core
Still the reason of it all
So that we won’t be too conform

The hearts of humans so naïve
In God, they do not believe
Still the reason of it all
Is that we must learn,
To depend on Him more

In times of trials and tribulations
Let us not forget the reason
Of Him who died and rose ultimately again
In Him, there is love, joy and peace
Again and again…


I thought of the above poem when I was doing my quiet time this morning. The more I ponder upon the word “Reason”, the more I feel exited upon. Speaking from the human perspectives, our actions, out thoughts, our behavior are all driven by some reasons. It may seemed vague, you may have asked

“ What does reason got to do with what I do or think?”

but to me, it is the point of discernment and surrendering myself to Him to lead my way.

Many times I had failed in life, and that is not something out of the blues, for it is human nature that we do fail. It doesn’t matters how many times you fail, but what matters most is this question


“ What is the reason we picked ourselves up and walk again? “

“We are the Reason”, a song sung by the group Avalon touched me each time I listened to it. It speaks on why Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross. The reason is for us. He died to save us, and the beauty of that he rose again proved the reason for him to give up his life is not in vain. The reason for his death and resurrection is so pure, so wholesome, so untainted…..


Many times when something bad happened to us, we tend to point our fingers everywhere, blaming everybody around us. But how often do we step back and think of the reason it happened? Could it be because of our own rashness, we committed something bad, and caused all the problems?


This question had been on my mind for a long time, and I found out that the reason is this. God wants to mould us, and make us into a different person. Just like a potter who shapes the clay into a vase, so is it with God, who makes sure that we are perfect and flawless. The moldering process is painful, for the extra clay will be wiped away, separated from the huge pile it used to be before. And after those extra’s have been taken away, then the true beauty of the vase can be seen.

“Dear Lord, I thank you that you have shaped us and mould us the way you want it to be. It may be a painful process Oh Lord, but I know, that you have something good installed for us. I pray that your hand will continue to guide us in your path, and show us the reason these things are not happening our way. Your love is amazing, and I thank you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen…”

*****

> We Are The Reason - Avalon <

Verse1
As little children
We would dream of Christmas morn
Of all the gifts and toys
We knew we'd find
But we never realized
A baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives

Chorus
We were the reason
That He gave His life
We were the reason
That He suffered and died
To a world that was lost
He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

Verse2
As the years went by
We learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves
And what that means
On a dark and cloudy day
A man hung crying in the rain
All because of love, all because of love

Bridge
I've finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him,
for Him

*****