Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Happening Week...

Hi guys…it’s been a week (or 2) since I last made my appearance in blog-world. What happened was that apparently real-life had gotten its toil on me this past weeks, and I have been constantly churning up some brain juice for test and exams, staying up late for assignments and also embracing myself for issues relating to friends and family. To summarized, this past 2 weeks had been AwEsOme, with so much happening, and so little time to put it up, for you to see, well, *drumrolls* here are the synopsis of what happened since the last post I made here…


On the 4th of March, which is last Friday, I managed to pass up an assignment, which is actually a lab test given by my lecturer. The project is all about installing FreeBSD (an open source Operating System) into our machine, and executing whatever that is needed that are printed on the handout. It took me and my group 2 weeks to install and configure the whole thing, and yet not get full marks. Bummer…..i thought my group can get full marks for it, but looked like the OS doesn’t like us, and decided to give up its function and “died” somewhere during our presentation. Hmmmp, so much for installing and playing around with FreeBSD for 2 weeks.


The weekends had been fun, went around Cyberjaya on my bike again, after 3-4 months of “rest” hahahahaha…..my bicycle was screaming out to me” OI, you brought me here to rust is it???” I had to bring it out for a stroll, and off we went around the intelligent city, and this place had seen much rapid development compared to 3-4 months back. Newly build buildings are beginning to take progress, multinational companies are mushrooming around, the roads are being tarred, flowers are blooming, and so much more nice and beautiful scenery to be seen. Now who said Cyberjaya is a dessert? And I went to ACTS church on Sunday. The worship was good, and the message was awesome, with Pastor Kenneth spoke regarding the repentance of the heart, and the power of fasting, and he illustrated from the bible, how David was remorseful after falling into a great sin, that even when his son died, he showed no sadness nor sorrow, for he knows that God is with him. I had a wonderful time in church, meeting up with friends, enjoying their fellowship, and Sasi joined us for the first time in Acts, and I had lunch with him that day. I got to know more about him, and we shared….


An eventful Tuesday, which I had my exams that day, and coincidentally it is also the CF AGM (read: installation of committee and CG leaders). I made my way to the CF room after my test, which is in CR3045, and had a wonderful time worshipping as well as mixing with the rest of the CF-ers. The names of the committee were being projected on the screen, and applauses after screaming and shouting were heard resonating throughout the room. It was the day where the outgoing committee members hand over their respective posts to the newly elected committees. We had a new CF advisor as well, and I present you, Mr. Kevin Koay, hehehe…. I was surprised, and deep in my heart, I thank the Lord above for choosing such a capable leader and also a good mentor to lead us into the new era. The message earlier was delivered by Kevin, which spoke on the “Qualities and also responsibilities of a leader” it was a heart warming and also thought-provoking message, with the scripture taken from John 21. I applaud you, the committee of CFMMU 2005, and also the CF advisor, that God be with you in your journey of faith and endurance, to make CFMMU grow in quality as well as in quantity.

Wednesday was like any other day, except that during the night, around 9PM, a bunch of closely knitted people, who called themselves SEED-lings, embarked on a journey to mid-valley for 2 special reasons, which is about to be disclose in a moment. We left Cyberjaya around 9.10, and reached our destination an hour later. Our first stop was in Manhattan fish market, where we ate our fill. The fish served was awesome, and delicious, there were 10 of us here, Kenneth, Eric, Mian Chin, Leo Koo, Vincent, Daniel, Wee Liem, Charis, Grace Chai and me. The first highlight of today was when Wee Liem presented me and Kenneth a Thank You card as an appreciation for being CG leader and Assistant CG leader respectively. It was not expected by me, nor Kenneth, and the feeling of being appreciated this way is blissful and joyous and…(whatever adjectives that are appropriate.) It’s a card made by Wee Liem, and signed by all SEED-lings. The impact that card gave on me was stupendous….we chatted till 11 something, and decided to head on to Bangsar for some mamak…(Right after dinner??)


We reached Bangsar, with loads of people and cars, and while I was chatting with a brother, he pointed out that there were 3-4 BMW 7 series on the road, mien, he said. This is a place for Rich people…J we went over to a mamak located somewhere in Bangsar (DUH!!), and began chatting away. We ordered out drinks, and some satays, and lin chee kang (malay style). It was not long when we brought out the birthday cake meant for Mian Chin, for her Birthday falls on 12th od March, but as a CG, we decided to celebrate it earlier. We set up the cake, and the candles, and sang her the most sweetest birthday song ever, mainly because she’s graduating in less then a months time, and it is her final birthday we are celebrating together. We presented her a birthday card, made by Wee Liem, and continue chatting till about 2 O’clock in the morning. We leaved Bangsar with a happy heart, and SEED legacy will live on….


It was indeed the most memorable week I have ever had, together with my CG, with my friends, with my computer, and with everything else around me. God had been faithful and gracious, and forever I will Served Him and Him alone.


* Final exams count down in ETA 21 days, prepare for RED-ALERT *