Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Way of Life

I tried, I fail;
I failed, I know;
I knew, I understand;
I understood, I practice;
The way of life.

Quote:

Life's like a playground
you'll spent you time in it having fun
and when you fall and gets hurt
it may not be fun again the next time u play


Life's like a training ground
who ever wants to be strong and prepared
have to go though the vigorous training and challenges.


Life's like a video game
you play, you died
you restart and you play again


Life's like roller coaster rides
one moment you are up
the next moment you are down

As i stepped foot into CF room last Tuesday, i expected something more then just ordinary bible study, and the normal routine that we normally have. I expected something mind blowing, something fun, something nice.


And as Pastor Sivian spoke on “Enjoying life”, he made us to sit in groups of 5 each, and each group is supposed to draft out What is success t us, and to paint out the picture of How success will be to us. Each group had fun drafting out success, and some said playing football in Man Utd is a success, some said that being a dictator for world peace is his success, some said stealing Microsoft Windows source codes and set up a new company is a success, and the usual one, that is a lot of us said having nice cars, nice house, nice girlfriends are a success. Each one of us had different perception on success, and also we all have different methods of achieving our success goals…

Pastor then spoke regarding the Word, which is taken from Luke 18:18-30. It said that the rich person will see success as having all he ever wanted, ut got rebuked by the Lord, which overturns everything around. Many of is perceived success as having material things, and most of the time, we failed to noticed and realized, that by having God in us is our greatest success in life, and we don’t need material stuffs to be considered as successful. Pastor then continue speaking on being successful in life also meant to enjoy life, just as the disciples of Jesus, they enjoyed each moment being with Him, be it having meals, helping people, or just spend time up in the mountains with Him.

Speaking about enjoying life? How could I when I am currently taking 7 subjects, with at least 2 tests for 4 subjects, and at least 2 projects per subject, and each week have at least a test or an submission or a deadline to meet…..how to enjoy?

But looking at the bright side of life, I had successfully live till 21 years old, and I’ve learned a lot through books, from parents and through my friends. I have experienced lot in this life, and am willing to take on more bizarre challenges, with God, the impossible will be possible.