Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Long time no see....

Hi guys, sorry for the inactivity of my blog for this past days, as I have been away from my computer. I shall update you all here now J

YAY…after 2 weeks of mind torturing and stressful killer examination, holidays had just started, and I’m in my comfy home now.. its so happy to be back, eating home-cook food, being in the bonding of my family, wow, its fantastic.

On Saturday morning, I had my final paper for the semester, and it’s called Theater (Acting). Yea u heard it right, its acting, so basically we had to come up with an imaginary story based on some newspaper cutting. I had a wonderful time writing out a story, as this is my first story writing for an examination since I was back at high school. Phew, I am sure glad that the paper is over, and I can go back home in the afternoon.

During the night, my family went for a birthday celebration at a restaurant some where in Jinjang. Its my nephew’s (What??? You’re an uncle now??) birthday. All relatives are invited, and the menu was great, had chicken, pork, vegetable, and as with all Chinese cuisine, we can’t leave out shark fin soup can we?? Hehehe….it was really a mouthwatering moments for me as I have not been having such sumptuous meal for 2 weeks. I am really blessed by all my relatives, who turn out during the dinner gathering, and by the way, in case you are wondering what my nephew’s age is, he is only 1 year old. Hahahahaha…..

Sunday

Today is pre-merdeka-eve, and me and my dad went up to Perak, where my hometown is. We went and visit my grandparent, who lived in Batu Gajah. Had a wonderful and pleasant 2 hours journey back home, and I had great fun talking to dad, who advised me with a lot of things.:) Soon after we reached our destination, my grandma was on hand to great me, and she puts on her sweetest smile for me as I have not visited her for almost 1 and a half months. I must admit though, that I missed being in Batu Gajah, and I missed my grandparents as well. So the first thing I do when I get back was to helped out in the garden like watering the plants, to pull out the weeds, and also I get myself busy with sweeping the pouch, plus raking the leaves. Hehehe, soon the house’s garden looks like it had been maintained by a gardener 24/7, where in actual fact it is only kept tidy when I get back home.

Phew, after the days work and getting wet all over, I adjourned for a cool and refreshing shower, and we had dinner out in Ipoh after that. The food was ermm, ok, but lacks the professionalism in the quality of the food itself. Then we had a walk in the supermarket, named the Ocean Plaza in Pengkalan (wherever that is). My uncle joined us for dinner too, and I had a talk with my 2 cousins, who is having their STPM and SPM end of this year. I had some words of encouragement for them, and just hope that they will score with flying colors this coming examination.

Today also marks the closing of the 28th Olympiad games in Athens, Greek, and I had the chance to watched the closing ceremony of Athens 2004 live on TV, and what a spectacular and a magnificent finish to the games, as dancers just performed their best, singers filled the 100’000 capacity stadium with their superb voices, performances which showcased the culture and lifestyle of the people of Greece, speeches which made the people stand and gazed in awe of the splendors and the significance of the games. What I like when it comes to people giving speech at a particular function is the meaning behind the words. “Athens is awesome for the athletes, but the Games are great for the Greeks…” a portion of the speech read by the president of the Organizing committee of Athens 2004.” And also “Don’t forget to give back to the games what the games has given to you” a portion of speech by the president of the International Olympic Council (IOC). This made me thrilled and amazed at the significance of the meaning of the Olympic games. Its only held every four years once, and the games had made its way back to its founding city, Greece. The next Olympic Games in 2008 will be held in Beijing, China, and we as Asian can be proud of this, because this is the 3rd time the Olympic games had been held in the region of Asia. What a privilege we have.

After the closing ceremony, which is Malaysian time 5.10AM, I get down to bed, and awoke at 1.10PM on Monday, hehehe….what a cool time to sleep and wake up. Nothing much happened on Monday, except that at around 5, my cousin came, and we talk and talk about everything under the sun. We had dinner at my grandparent’s house, and soon at 9PM, me and daddy bade farewell to my grandparent and uncle. My grandma doesn’t want me to leave, as her expression is kind of sad. I reached home in PJ around 11PM, and here I am, typing out all that had happened to me regarding my 5 days of disappearance.

And not to forget, today (Tuesday, August 31, 2004) marks the 47th Independence of Malaysia. Selamat Hari Merdeka!!!!!

C ya next round. It is getting kinda late. Gnite