Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Busy day 2

** Continuation from last post, Busy day 1 **

After the much needed sleep I needed ( 4 hours in 1.5 days), I woke up again at 9 AM to prepare for the booth preparation. Basically I was at the booth from 9.20AM till about 5PM that day, and somehow got to experienced the joy and the fun of being a persuader. It is a charity drive, organized by the Cyber Christmas team, and there are 3 orphanages to chose from when adopting a gift. Each person will adopt a gift worth RM20 to a kid from each of the homes, and also got to write a personalized message wishing them well. They are also given the privilege of visiting the homes and giving the gift to the child personally. It is an event, where we bless the orphans during Christmas, and to share our joy with them. The response were very good, and in just 3 days, 105 gifts were ‘adopted’ by our kind MMU students, out of the 111 gifts initial target. We just prayed that God will bless those who gave, and will bless them with even more then what they asked for.

Reached home around 5.20PM, and I thought that was the end of my hectic day, with plenty of tie to sleep till Saturday. As soon as I got back to my house, with barely 10 minute to rest, I got a called from my director, asking to meet me to discuss some stuffs regarding MCGF. Well, I agreed to the meeting (which showed how committed I am…:P) and went down to the café to meet him. I knew more about MGDC and also MCGF after a 1.5 hour talk with him and the president of MGDC. I am really thankful for being chosen as a committee, and I will work to my best ability as to not let my director down and lose trust in me.

After the meet up, we went over to campus to meet a friend, and had dinner there as well, and 1 hour later, we went over to the games lab for the continuation of the MMU close games tournament. Unfortunately, being a super cranky and somewhat ‘irresponsible’ lab assistant, who is supposed to open the lab and to monitor the lab’s usage, didn’t turned up for the event, and at such, the tournament venue was changed to be in one of the MGDC committee’s house. I wasn’t there to witnessed the event, as I really have to get back to deserved a good rest, which I did in 3 hours at least. Hmmmm…………

I then went over to my director’s house supposedly because of food, as one of my housemates prepared food for them. Ad ended up staying there till about 5 in the morning, from 1.30AM. we had a long talk, and I got to know him better, and it was indeed an enlightened and fruitful talk, as I marveled at his experience and his skills. Later we watched Lord of the Ring - Return Of The King, and it somewhat brought back some sweet memories the first time I saw it in the theaters. We went back home at 5PM, and headed back to bed till 9.30AM on a bright and sunny Saturday morning.

It had been a super-very-downright-extremely busy days for me and I got to experienced fun and new stuffs, and oh, now I remembered, I have 1 test and 1 assignment due next week. There goes my weekends to enjoyed, and hope I will pass my papers.

CHEERS to all… ^-^ !!!!