Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Thursday, December 30, 2004

CyberChristmas Charity Event - Part 1

Cyber Christmas is less then a week way now, and I am starting to feel the urgency to be united and also the tiredness that followed after weeks of practices and rehearsals. Many activities are lined up for the upcoming Cyber Christmas next year, and one of the completed events is the Charity drive program, led by Benny. It’s a charity program, as it’s name suggest, and the first “quest” that was completed is the Adopt-A-Gift program, which started somewhere last semester, around October. It’s a time where we, CF-ers of MMU, chose 3 orphanages in the Klang Valley, and bought gifts for the orphans staying there. The gifts are categorized into “Big children gifts and small children present. Each gifts are adopted by the caring souls of the students in Multimedia University, that comes bundled with a personalized Christmas message, written specifically for a orphan. The homes tat were chosen for this program is Rumah Charis, Rumah Trinity, and Rumah Hope. Rumah Charis was visited last week (23rd of December), followed by Rumah Trinity and Rumah Hope on the 29th of December. . I had the privilege to be in the visiting team, and the events that followed is really a blessing to me.


We left MMU on a bright and sunny Thursday morning, at 9.40AM, and after half and hour or so, we reached Rumah Trinity. Among the first on-hand to greet us, the big brothers and big sisters, was a 10 year old boy and the caretaker of the home, Aunty Nancy. As soon as I stepped foot inside the home, I was swamped by several kids, and all of them were cute and nice. We had caroling session before we started fellowshipping with the kids, and they seemed to enjoy the songs. Afterwards we had 40 minutes of fun time with the kids, and among the activities that we had was Captain ball, foot ball, catching, eagle and hen, and several others included badminton. I really had a super fun time with the kids, and I was touched at the fact that even though they do not have parents, they still managed to put on a smile to me, a stranger who had never talked to them before. I felt sympathy in my heart even as I was enjoying myself with the kids. Some of us even carried the kids as big as 12 years old and the feeling of wanting to have a child was clearly seen in the face of several people (me included, hahaha)..we gave out presents to each and every kid who was there, and what we got in return was the biggest and sweetest smiles they could offer. All of them were touched, and even the caretakers were moved, and thank all of us for spending time and giving out presents to the kids. I had great fun chasing the ball with several kids, and clearly they were much superior then 4 of us . Throughout this time, cameras were seen flashing all over, with a video camera taking the moving image of some boys falling down.


After an hour or so, we had to say farewell.. Awwwwww…..it was so hard to leave the place, as he kids were clinging on to us, and asking when will we be back. I had trouble controlling myself too, as I was carrying a 4 years old girl and a 4 years old boy….it seemed to me that I already had an attachment with the kids there already, so much so we spent another 5-10 minutes talking and advising them on their studies. I enjoyed the visit so much, and without wasting anymore time, we went over to PJ Old town to have lunch, before setting out to the next home….


To Be Continued…