Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Thursday, December 30, 2004

CyberChristmas Charity Event - Part 2

Continue from last post…

After lunch, several of us went back to Cyberjaya, as they were tired and busy with other stuffs. For the rest of us kids-freaks, we set off to our next home, Rumah Hope. It is situated somewhere in seapark( I think ), and I had been there before during my secondry school days, when I was involved in the Leo club charity event. That time I was still form 4, and 5 years later, here I am in this place again, this time with about 30 friends from university and the place had evolved into a nicer surrounding and with the kids getting bigger. We arrived there around 1PM, and there were already a group of people there, (CF-ers from MMU) playing with the kids. About 40 of us were there, mingling with around 50-60 kids. It was really an eye opener for me, as I played, and dance around like one of them, talking about being an adult..:P


As soon as the second group came, we gathered all the kids inside the building, and sang some Christmas carols. Some of the kids were seen jumping and singing, and as I lead, I saw some of he older kids (one of us) dancing with the young ones. The atmosphere was super fun, and to some of us, we were tired from visiting the previous home, and because of Cyber Christmas practice the day before. Still, we managed to put on our smile, and used our back up energy to make this visit a wonderful one for the kids and us too. We had several fun game, with Lincoln in charged. Since the whether was not kind to us when we arrived, we settled for some indoor games, with Lincoln in charged. The kids there were all hyped up, and eagerly awaiting the games to start. We gave out presents to the kids after the games, and I befriended several kids, which were so adorable and nice to be with. Had photo session with several of them, and imparted into them some of the advice hat I got. Hehehe, it was a cool thing to do, helping others in tune with the festive seasons


It’s the hard time again to endure, when all of us started saying bye bye to the children at the home. I am beginning to learn how to control myself, after the experience in the morning, but I failed when one of the kids came up to me and say “Anneh, can I go back with you?” (Anneh means big brother in Tamil) . I was moved and shocked and carried him into my arms, while hugging him. Words couldn’t describe the emotions that I had then, but after a while, he let go, and ran back to the house. Hmmm…..I really thank God for bringing me here to this home, and to the previous home that I went in the morning. It taught me how to be grateful, and no matter who I am, I still can be friends to people who are less fortunate then me.


That was my day spent in the two orphanages, and the first thing I did upon reaching Cyber was to sleep, but then my friend called me u to go for a workout and to have a swim in the clubhouse. I gladly obliged, and spent 3.5 hours exercising, swimming, steaming, and jamming (He brought guitar to my house and we played throughout the night). Yeap….so by the time I actually got to rest, it’s already 3AM..and I got to wake up the next day at 8AM for Cyber Christmas practiceJ


See you people soon…Happy New Year…