Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Cyber-Christmas - Reflection 2

This is the second part to the Reflection series that I am doing for the past semester

Then it came a time where we had our CyberChristmas team being formed. I had the chance to be involved again, and to give what I can to make CyberChristmas a success. For the benefit of those who don’t know what CyberChristmas is all about, it is an annual event, organized by MMU Christian Fellowship, with the purpose of letting non-Christian on-campus know what Christmas is all about. This year, the theme for CyberChristmas is “Void-Fill Me In” It has a somewhat symbolic meaning and the activities lined up for the events are charity drive, caroling….just to name a few.

CyberChristmas started off a few years back, and there is no turning back since then. It had been an event where students on-campus knew about the existence of it. Through this event, we were able to share Christ’s love on campus. This year, I was put in charged of Caroling, and I like it very much. I’ve learned that no matter where you are posted, and to what rank are you chosen, the most important part is to learn to serve and to serve well. Throughout my involvement in CyberChristmas for the past two years, I’ve learned to be humble, and to do to others what you would have them do to you. This is especially important if you expect help from others in the future.

It may be a tough responsibility to some regarding serving in CyberChristmas, but I find it rather interesting and challenging, as I’d the opportunity to meet new people, and of course, to gain experience in terms of leading, and serving. Since my first involvement in CyberChristmas, I was elected chairperson of the event. But honestly speaking, I’ve my team to thank for the successful organization and execution of the entire program. From the Security department to the actors and actresses of the night, all ahd came toetehr and play their part, and the whole event doesn’t just lies upon a single individual, but on the whole team of committee and of course, the many volunteers and helpers.

The dates are set for CyberChristmas 2005/06, planning are currently on-going, and it is already all system go for the various departments in terms of planning and recruitment. I will continue to do my best for CyberChristmas, and to bear the name of Christ on-campus as well as in my home.

All for CyberChristmas , CyberChristmas for all.