Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Thursday, September 02, 2004

U.S life is not for me.....:)

Today had been an uneventful day for me, as the holidays have reached it’s 5th day. Been wanting to do some reading in the library, but then woke up just before lunch hour, and thus don’t have the mood to go already. Played Warcraft 3 practically the whole day after I woke up, and got scolded by mum, hehehe….so much for a computer gamer. Anyway, I read some story books in the evening, and those books had been with me since primary, plus some novels for teenagers, boy, that took me almost 4 hours to finished.

My uncle came over for dinner, and we had a talk after that. He is working now, and based in the United States. So he shared his experience in Los Angeles ( where he was posted ) and I learned a great deal about the States. From taxes to law, culture to lifestyle, we talked about everything. I heard about a man, because his name was Prakash Kahn, was denied entry int the country. Apparently he was a terrorist very much wanted in the States, and co-incidentally this man had the same name as his. What an innocent man he is, US is now very strict on the entry requirement. They have all kinds of funny equip[ment to check for bombs, guns, and even drugs. I heard about this man, being told by the airport security to take off his shoes and socks, and also his outer coat, and also to empty out his pocket. Travelluing to the US is never to be easy again, after what happened in September 11th .

I also got to know that the State taxes are as high as 45%!! Can you believe it?? 45% + what ever the item cost….wow, living in the us going to kill us all. The standards of living are way higher then here in Malaysia, and they have fenceless house, and not to mentioned, gateless community. According to my uncle, the crime rate in LA is lower, compare to other parts in the States. With regards to law and human rights, we cannot use the word “S**P*d” in public. We can be sued in court for saying that. And also, at one time, my uncle was carrying a container and so happened it hit one of the pedestrian on the road. The person was injured on her face, and shoulders, and guess what? They have to settle this matter in court, WOW, not even a sorry is accepted, and boy, rules and enforcement are really tight in LA, and also their place and environm,ent are much cleaner then ours, no litterbugs can be seen anywhere, for when they are caught, they will be fined and told t clean up the streets. Now that is crazy to be practice here in Malaysia, else everyone will complain. I guess that’s the mindset of us Malaysian eh……

The chat lasted around 3 and a half hours, and I had a great deal of knowledge about the United States. We also talked about Singapore, and my dad was suggesting that I should work there next time. Hmmm, how’s that for the future planning? I stikll got 1.5 years before graduation, and certainly I am not worried bout where and what I will be woring as. Anyway, I had great fun with this uncle of mine, who had inspired and encouraged me to study hard and to keep up the expectation of my family. He had been a university graduate himself, and is now working as a high ranking executive in one of the company. I aspired to be like him, who is so successful in life. He left about 4 hours later, and its gaming time for me again, *grins*…..the holidays had certainly made me more addicted to games, but anyhow, it doesn’t matter, for I know, I will study hard to make my parents happy…..:D

Well, that’s one long story of my day, which happened on Wednesday. I hope tomorrow (Thursday) will be a better day. Good Night world…..

* Smile, and the whole world smiles with you *