Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Fun, Fun, and More Fun

Hello people, for 2 days I have been missing from cyberspace, and the person who gets the reason of my disappearance can get to read the rest of this blog…..3.....2.....1…Times out!!! And you are right, I am lazy, wahhahaha…….:) so, the prize for you is, read on….:))

My day started out like this. In the morning when I woke up, I realized its already 10.30AM. D***…..I remembered that I had an appointment with my friend in Sunway at 11.thirty AM, and the time for me to get ready and to take the transport there needs 1.5 hours( if there’s no traffic problem anywhere on the highway). So as fast as I could, I got myself dressed up and as I was in a hurry, I forgot to take breakfast, and I forgot to take my wallet as I got out of my house. So by the time I actually got on the transport, it was already 11.15. Mien……..this spelled trouble, so I prayed and thank God for the weather, and also for journey mercy, and finally I reached at 11.35AM. Oooops, you could say that I missed the time, but let’s faced the fact. We are Malaysian, and our timing is half and hour offset from the clock timing. Hahhahahahhaha…….no offence to those who are always punctual, but in the end, my friend arrived, and our program starts at 11.45AM: D…..

First stop for the day was the Sunway Pyramid Bowling Alley. I must tell you that since I stopped playing bowling 2 and a half years back, I had totally lost touch in this ball game. So when my friend suggested bowling, I was like “ Oh man, I haven’t played bowling for years, and I don’t know whether I still know the correct way to hold the ball.” And the reply was “me too, but we should try, and I like bowling.” Ohh….there goes a couple of ringgit for the shoes and the game itself. We played 2 games and Oh boy, I played like a total pro, that all eyes were on me. The first throw went in the “longkang”, and so does the second throw. Now how’s that for a pro eh? My friend did just as bad, and both of us were laughing at our “Pro-ness” of bowling. We ended the first game with a combine score of 86. YEA!!! (Don’t laugh k? we got no professional training). The second game went on track after about half and hour of rest and chat, and soon we began to get the hang of not just throwing the ball to hit pins, but to throw with accuracy to the middle of the lane. All was well, and of course, I didn’t deny that some throws just missed the middle, and prefer to steer on it’s own either to the extreme left or the extreme right. (Not to boast anything, but I got 2 strikes in 20 throws, wahahahahahahhaa). My friend got better also, for the total score for our last game was 167. WooooHoooo…..Kudos to the two amateur bowlers who declared themselves as “Pro” …….. Ok,ok. I exaggerated for this part, but that’s the fun of it la, I know of some guys who can throw 10 times better then me, and not to mentioned, every sports we play, whether its just throwing ball, or kicking ball, of poking ball, all that’s needed is practice, and for me who haven’t been to the alley for like 2 years, that’s consider good, in my point of view, hehehe….:P ( guys, don’t get excited of the word “ball” ok? ) :P

Ahhhh…..the game was nice, and painful, for out of my act of “Macho-ness”, I hurt my thumb and it’s kinda bad, all red and swollen….Ouch......but then, it’s just for the fun of it, and I don’t mind breaking my arm, if I can get all strikes in all 20 throws….hahhahahhahahhaha…..: D Soon after the game, we returned back the shoes and headed off for lunch. I suggested to have McDonald’s, for it’s my favorite choice of meal when ever I go to Sunway, and the replied I got was “Let’s try the mee-hoon soup at this place, kinda nice and yummy”. So the tribe had spoken, and I had fried rice and my friend had mee-hoon soup. Geeees, my comment of the food there will be ermmm, “nothing beats Mum’s cooking”. Well, to be honest, this is my first time eating at Pyramid bowl café, and the food there is actually not bad, just have to re-program your taste buds to get used to it. We sat there for almost an hour plus, and some one suggested Ice Skating.

OH MAN!!! Ice skating? Where you got t put on those shoes and the only part of you touching the ground is a blade? OH NO…I cried and I cried because I don’t want to go ( you believe me? ) . And my friend was like “guai la, guai la, later I buy sweet for you, you want??” Oh man, the dreaded game I could ever think of, Ice skating. I mean, I could play sports, like swimming, running, badminton,, but definitely not Ice skating?!?!?! I clinged on to the side railing, like a kid holding on to his mother because he’s going to get a jab on his “bum-bum”, and I kept on crying ( :D ) We reached downstairs, where the ticket counter is, and I hanged on to the pillar, like how Spiderman do his stunt. “ NO, I don’t want, any thing you want me to do, I’ll do, but not this…” I pleaded. Then finally I heard some one spoke to me” ok, I’ll buy 2 tickets, and it’s up to you whether you want to get on the ring or not ”…… The council had spoken once again, and like it or not, I dragged my (now weighing 100 pounds) feet to the pre-entrance of the skating ring, where u rent your shoes, and keeps your belongings. I put on the boots, and my gosh, the shoe is as heavy as a donkey, and as tight as how a 12 year old kid wearing a 5 year old kid’s shirt would feel. Oh, that’s bad, that’s really bad, I was thinking to myself. I had never skated before in my whole life, and even if I did, I would have dropped over a million times. But now, Oh……

My friend guided me to the entrance, and left me holding to the glass panel. I screamed and shouted” I want to go back,*started to cry* I want mummy *cried even louder*…” (Hahahhahahah, I didn’t). And well, since I am on the ice, I decided to take my first step. My legs were shaking vigorously as I made my step, and it didn’t went well. I went down on my backside, and it hurts big time. Soon I found courage to stand up again and tried to walk a couple more steps ahead, just as what I heard my friend told me. But soon after my third step ahead, I got down on my “boom-boom” again.. OuCh…..but after falling down a couple more times, plus some swelling of my feet, I managed to walk. Yes, you heard me right, I began to walk now, like a robot. Robocop could have walked better then me.

This made me realized how a baby starts walking when he reaches 1 year old. I mean, I could relate myself as taking my first step like a child, I can fall and fall, but if I don’t get up again, I will never learned, just like a child when he falls, and gets up again. The psychological mind of me being a baby came to me, as I started taking step by step around the ring. I could see many young ones ( and I mean really young ones, 4 years old may be?) zooming past me like a bullet train. I was envy, and jealous, and I tried to be ambitious, I started to glide, but then, how could a baby run, when he cannot even walk? So I gave up on gliding, as I experienced more falls, and more blue-blacks. Soon after, I got out of the ring before I get knocked down by speeding “cars” in the ring. My friend encouraged me, and I started to feel the joy and fun of skating. I mean, I am not afraid of falling anymore, and now I can walked on ice, like every other skater does.

So after the break, I resumed training, and soon after I could take 10 steps ahead without holding on to anything. I am proud of myself, as it gave me the courage to go further. I tried gliding, but to no avail, for I had not grasp the basic yet. So I continue walking and walking, instead of gliding. I could see many people like me, holding on to the side, and I am glad they fall too, for I know that I am not the only one. There are a couple of kids practicing their routines on ice, under the watchful eyes of their coaches. I marveled at their ability to skate, and I do wonder to myself. “If they can, why can’t I?” Based on this self motivational thought, I began making bigger and longer steps ahead, and I noticed that I could do it, without falling over. I tell you that I felt like jumping and doing somersaults, but I realized that I was just dreaming, and I continue walking…:D

Ohhhh goodie goodie, , I began to like ice skating, this was one of the things I feared in the past, and now, I sort of overcome it. I had my fair share of falling down, like every one did. I had my first experience on ice, and it was an experience I would never forget. I looked at those professional skaters as I decided to call it a day in skating, and I noticed they can just jump and walk and spin and glide like what we did on ground, and the experience I gained through ice skating made me wiser and I found out that the proverb “when there’s a will, there’s a way” holds true for me. I really want to encouraged those who haven’t tried skating on ice, to go and give it a shot. It’s really cool, and you’ll gained invaluable lessons from it. I tried, and I made it.

“That was fun, I like it” that was the first thing I mentioned to my friend when we were leaving the place. I felt like I don’t want to leave the ring, for I got “high” on skating already. But then my legs and my bum-bum were complaining that they had too much pain, and I had to give in. I had never had this satisfaction before in my life for a long time, and I am really glad I found it today. I Like Skating!!!

We walked around the shops after that, and it’s kind of nostalgic when I got down to Memory Lane, the place I worked for 5 months before coming to MMU. The shop changed, with renovations done and a couple more shelves added, and one of the staff there remembered me, and we chatted for quite a while… me and my friend got over to the bookshop after buying birthday cards, and hunger sets in. after those calories burned during ice skating, it’s about time we get some food. And we headed to McD, and sat there for 2.5 hours. It was fun chatting and eating, and the place was packed with people. I wondered why…may be it’s because of the weekend, or people like me who feels bored at home, just wanting to come out and have fun. We shared and we catch up on the good old days of our school lives.

Time sure don’t wait for no man, and soon darkness sets in, and we parted our own ways, *sob sob* ( so dramatic ) . But one thing I would never forget is the time I bowl, and the time I skate, man, it’s my first time, and I am happy of my performance. I dedicate this entry specially to my friend who accompanied me today, and to all of you who read till here, Thank You.

There’ll be more to come….Stay Tuned..:) Gnite…>:D<

* The part I wrote about me crying, that’s a big fat lie *
* The incident that happened, the drama, is real *
* Thank You friend *