Welcome to Jowen's page

The life, the thoughts, the feelings, the experiences, the challenges, the views, the emotions, and the ways of a young adult named Jowen...

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Relax.Fm

“Hey, is that a new radio station in Malaysia?”


“Eh, How come got this type of channel on Astro one ah?”


These are some of the comments my friend came out with when I told them about Relax.fm. It isn’t any radio channel, nor is it on Astro. It is actually a relaxing, refreshing, nice, cool, fun, entertaining night in CF, where there are free flow of drinks, and also food (Yummie!! ) being served, and super performances by our CF people, multiplying the talents given to them, and at the same time, being able to enjoy the fellowship before the semester comes to an end. It was a night filled with laughter, and the presence of Him can be felt in our midst.


We started the night at around 8.05PM, with Celine as the MC, asking everyone to settle down, for the show is about to start. We had our first band , who called themselves the Rubber-Band, which comprises of WeeLiem, Lenard, and Nicky. They presented us with a song, written by Lenard, and it was a cool song. Had a trio performance by Esther, Lenard and Rachel, where Esther wrote the song herself. Wow, a lot of music composers can be found in CF, and Thank God for all the talents. True to the theme of the night, which is actually Black and White, almost everybody wore black and/or white except for some creative people who doesn’t like black and white, and wore blue and red….i must acknowledged these friends of mine, cause God made colored people, and they are colorful…YEA!! Hehehhe


We had a session on How-To-Eat-And-Drink by CheeYong, and well, we do learned something from there, especially shapes of biscuits, and also the way of dipping chips into Frego cheese sauce, whatever that is…and instead of serving it for the audience, he ate the thing he made himself….That’s the cooking…oopps, I mean the How-To-Eat-And-Drink session which lasted only for 2 minutes…J


Next performance is a dance by two pretty and charming ladies, Audrey and Celine, who did a mime dance on the light and the darkness, on how the light bring the darkness over to its world. It was a dance full of implicit meaning, where we as the people who are somewhat in the dark, strives to find the light. It also talks about how we struggle in life, and how do we turn away from light even thought light comes personally to greet us, just as depicted in the dance. Great performance there Celine n Audrey, Keep it up!!


Then we had a great show put up by Joshua, Chee Yong and Jia Wern. The audience will say out the names of movies, and the three of them are supposed to act out a scenario based on the movie chose. Boss is the ‘host’ for the show, and all of us got our stomach cramped because of laughing, and some were seen rolling on the floor. It was truly an amazing sight, seeing the 3 of them acting spontaneously without professional training, and some of the movie lines they acted from are The Matrix, Kuch Kuch Hotta Hei, Titanic, and the funniest one of all was JackA$$. Hahhaahhahahh…….Great job GuyS!!!


While all these performances were going on, I can't helped to noticed that there were great fellowship between the CF members. There is not much of a time you get to see people sitting in table and chatting away instantly. People from different backgrounds, different personalities, and different attitude, coming together as one united body, helping and upholding each other, and it made me to realized how fortunate I am to live in a multi-racial country, and to serve in a inter-denominational CF, and to have friends from different background as well as different views. The fellowship of believers indeed had been strong throughout the years, and as the semester draw to an end in 3 weeks time, much have been achieved and much had been accomplished through the work and unity of the people here. Thank you everybody for making my life beautiful, and helping me to realized how good life is.


Dr Ian came up with a performance too, which is like a rhyme, and it talks about an old lady who have a great super appetite for animals, and swallowed everything form a spider to a cow. It was fun and hilarious just listening to the lyrics of it. Before this, Kiat Yang came up on stage and taught us a magic trick, and towards the end, the secret behind the trick was revealed, and well, we have no professional training on magic anyway, but we do had a great time, and it made all of us laugh too.


The third last performance of the night, is a dance called the FanDance. It thrills me to see 4 young energetic dancers’ dancing to the tune of an English song. I have only seen Chinese fan dance before, but now, Audrey, Esther, Leona and Rachel gave me a new insight of what dance really is. It was so graceful and how I wished I could dance like that, well ermmm, yea, at least in the future I shall have the courage to do it…


One week ago, WeeLiem asked me whether or not I want to perform during Relax.fm, and my answer was no. I can’t find courage to do it, not that I am a frog singer, nor is it I don’t know how to sing, but the persistency of him asking me to perform brought me over, and 10 minutes before Fandance, I went up and requested to sing. Boy, it isn’t a tough decision to make after all, and I sang a song by Joey Macintyre-Stay The Same. Well, it wasn’t hard to sing, and the decision to sing is of a sudden. I was somewhat nervous when I started to sing, and Thanks to Kae Ee, who accompanied me with the guitar. Well, at least I have found courage to do what I think I couldn’t do. Thank You Lord for Your help, and thank you friends fr your support.


Soon it is time for us to say Bye Bye. But before we close, the Rubber-Band came up on stage, and performed another 2 songs, written by Lenard himself. Those were the memoirs of his life, when he needed God so much. I give credits to Lenard, for writing such cool and meaningful songs, and it really was an encouragement to me. As I sat there for 3 hours, I could sense and feel the presence of God moving, and also the bonding between all of us, and as what WeeLiem said during his final words for the night, that this is the time to chill, and un-wind, and doesn’t matter who you are, just come up and perform for the next Relax.Fm….It gave me the courage and the encouragement to see such an event taking place in the midst of our struggles with exams and assignment…


Before I end this post, I just want to give credits to the people below :


Michelle, WeeLiem, Shen Shee, and Lydia

*For organizing this event, and making us feel really at home.*

All Performers (in no particular order) : Cheeyong, Rachel, Joshua, Esther, Audrey, Celine, Lenard, Nicky, JiaWern, Dr Ian, KiatYang, Leona, Boss & WeeLiem

*You guys rocks while putting up a splendid performance. Keep it up, People!!*

All who helped out in making the food, decorating the place, ushering,

*Thanks for everything, without you all, the place wouldnt have been so nice*

*And finally, To all of you who came for this night, you guys and girls really made a difference in liven up this place. really appreciate you people here…*